March 31, 2013

All Creation Cries Out

Over the past few weeks, I have been seeing quite a few turkeys while riding the roads to and from work. But with Virginia's Youth Turkey Hunt Day next Saturday, I needed to actually get some boots on the ground and figure out where some gobblers are roosting and where they are headed to off the roost. So this past Saturday morning I ventured out before first light to a farm on which I have permission to hunt to check out the situation. And once I got there, the turkeys were doing their thing, and lots of them at that! I wasn't two minutes away from the truck when I heard the first one gobble, and over the next hour, I heard and/or saw at least five gobblers, at least that many more jakes, and numerous hens. On the way back out of the farm I watched three of the gobblers strutting in a tight knot surrounded by hens for nearly thirty minutes before I slipped out of there undetected. Besides the turkeys, the crows were cawing, geese were flying and honking, deer were on the move, wheat fields were sprouting and the dogwoods were blooming. It truly was an awesome couple of hours in the springtime outdoors, and I didn't even have a gobbler thrown over my shoulder!

Romans 1:20 (NASB)
For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.


I was made aware Saturday morning that everything I was witnessing was bringing glory, honor and praise to the Lord. Every gobble, every caw, every blade of wheat sprouting from the ground, every ray of sunlight served to reinforce that God is the creator of it all, and He alone is to be praised and exalted. I could have witnessed all this, and attributed it to chance, evolution or any number of man-made explanations, but none of those would have changed the fact that He is the omnipotent (all powerful), omnipresent (all present), and omniscient (all knowing) God. And Sunday morning during worship at Easter service, I was reminded that even if all people decided to stop singing His praises and refused to exalt Him, that would not change one bit who He is and will always be. In fact, when the Pharisees urged Jesus to silence His disciples who were praising Him during His entrance into Jerusalem, He said that "...if these become silent, the stones will cry out" (Luke 19:40).

How about you - are you choosing to join creation in giving the Lord your exclusive and exhaustive praise and worship? Are you just kind of going through the motions in worship out of some sort of obligation? Or are you choosing to be quiet in an attempt to downplay His power or altogether silence Him and His message? Be reminded that even if you do not give the Lord your entire being through praise and worship, all creation will testify to His sovereignty, even the stones. Choose to humble yourself before Him today. - GE

No comments:

Post a Comment