September 5, 2010

Practice and Preparation

I finally got around to pulling out the Hoyt Alpha Max this evening for the first time since last archery deer season. Me and my buddy Bert got in about 25 shots each before it got too dark to see our pins and the target. I was pleasantly surprised to find that my 20 yard and 30 yard pins are still dead on. I also took the opportunity this afternoon to wash up all my hunting clothing in Scent-A-Way, air-dry it on the back deck and pack it away in a Rubbermaid container to keep household and human scents from making contact. It took a few hours, but I know feel like I am beginning to catch up on the necessary preparation for the oncoming archery deer season here in Virginia.
I probably have a thing or two to learn from the ant! - GE

"You lazy fool, look at an ant. Watch it closely; let it teach you a thing or two. Nobody has to tell it what to do. All summer it stores up food; at harvest it stockpiles provisions. So how long are you going to laze around doing nothing? How long before you get out of bed? A nap here, a nap there, a day off here, a day off there, sit back, take it easy—do you know what comes next? Just this: You can look forward to a dirt-poor life, poverty your permanent houseguest!" Proverbs 6:6-11 (The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment