September 7, 2010

All the Fun has Come to an End!

Wow -back to work today and it feels like my first day in the office all over again! I'm sitting here in my office going through outdoor withdrawals, having lived a sportsman's dream for the past 11 days. During that time, I went on two dove hunts, three goose hunts, six fishing trips, spent oodles of time in my kayak, practiced shooting both my bow and my pistol, and sorted through and washed all my hunting clothing in preparation for the opening day of archery season, which is less than one month away now. Whew!

Thanks to all of you for the invitations to join you for some quality time spent in the fields and on the water. It has served well to help me rejuvenate from a long hot summer, to help clear my head while sorting through some recent happenings at our church, and to ultimately re-group and re-focus me for an exciting fall season of recreation and ministry. - GE

"Let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together...but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching." Hebrews 10:24-25 (NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment