November 11, 2009

Silence and Solitude

We outdoorsmen do well at creating space for these two disciplines, but I wonder how well we do at truly stepping away from life's 'noise'. Even in my tree stand, I can very quickly let my mind run through all the things that I either could be doing at that moment, or things that need to get done in the next few days or weeks. Or I can get caught up in sending text messages to other hunters or those with whom I need to catch up. I have been able to spend time away from my busy life in the woods these past few weeks, but I still have a long way to go in mastering the disciplines of silence and solitude. How are you using your 'quiet' time on the water or in the woods? We would be wise to use these 'minute retreats' to relax, recharge and refocus. - GE

And He (Jesus) said to them, "Come away by yourselves to a secluded place and rest a while." (For there were many people coming and going, and they did not even have time to eat.) Mark 6:31, NASB

1 comment:

john said...

Keep up the good work! I get something out of every post I read and am hoping to put it to use in my life. John W.

Post a Comment